Join Team Toast!
We currently have one open position at Toast World Headquarters in gorgeous Portland! We are looking for a Part-Time Social Media Coordinator. If you have been feeling the need to get behind something awesome and the job description below sounds like you, then what are you waiting for?! Pick up that fancy (probably Toasted) smartphone of yours and ring us right away!
Social Media Coordinator
Compensation: $14/ hour + depending on experience / PTO + Paid Holiday + profit sharing
Toast has an immediate opening for a part-time Social Media Coordinator to be responsible for Toast’s presence on all major social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, and Twitter; as well as representing the company on common tech forums like XDA and Reddit, and on our website chat app.
The primary roll of this position will be engaging our fans and potential customers by answering questions and responding to requests as well as generating content and finding new ways to cultivate relationships with our followers, superfans and press and increasing our brand presence on the web. For the right candidate there may be the potential to move to full time and take on additional duties as the company grows.
Daily Tasks and priorities:
- Timely responses to social media inquiries.
- Edit and repost Instagram posts to other platforms.
- Assist with launch and promotion of new products.
- Observe and participate in discussions of Toast on forums.
- Post to Google+ communities.
- Create content for posts, and blog/ newsletters
- Organize promotions and giveaways.
- Assist with online chat and customer service as needed.
- Excellent written communication skills are essential, with the ability to project a strong voice that reflects Toast’s distinct values, culture, and brand personality; while bringing a sense of play and humor to the work and workplace.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating cross-platform efforts using social media to engage customers and create a strong brand identity.
- Must “speak natively” in at least 4 of 6 our social platforms; able to adjust your writing style accordingly to match the context and usage trends of each communication platform
- A passion for tech and this rapidly changing field in order to help us stay current and responsive to trends and changes in technology and style.
- Must be creative and self motivated. You will be expected to generate ideas for content, promotions and outreach and then follow through to make them a reality.
- A strong visual sensibility to best represent Toast’s awesomeness. Toast products are physical and visual and design driven, so social media content and graphics must work to reinforce this.
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Ability to shoot professional quality photos and video of products and processes.
- Ability to edit pictures and video for use in promotions and web content.
- Web / graphic design skills
- Bonus points: Ability to write in a second language.
Want to join a quickly growing small company with a worldwide presence? Want to create exciting content that gets seen by tens of thousands of followers? Help us tell our story and work in a friendly, open, studio-type work environment. We are a growing team, with great opportunities for the right person to grow with company, develop skills and take on additional responsibilities.
Please send a resume, work samples and a wood pun to email@example.com