FREE USA shipping over $49!
Toast offers FREE standard shipping on all orders over $49 (after discounts), to any address in the USA, including APO/FPO addresses. Just select “Standard Toast Shipping” at checkout. Standard shipments in the USA are sent via DHL and USPS 1st class mail, which typically takes about 3-6 days in transit.
Please keep in mind that it also takes us normally it is 3-5 business days to craft & finish each Toast cover to your specifications, before we can ship it. Shipping times DO NOT include this production time, so please take that into account when choosing your shipping method. See the “Fulfillment / Lead Times” section on our FAQ page for more intel on this.
FREE International shipping over $149!
A few important things to know up front:
- Toast is not responsible for customs fees, taxes, import duties, and the like. Any such fees incurred must be paid by the recipient - aka: You. If you refuse to pay the duties, the package will be destroyed and you will not be refunded for your order.
- We recommend selecting FedEx or UPS international services over the Economy Shipping method. FedEx & UPS are much faster (3-5 days) and fully trackable... as the old adage goes: you get what you pay for!
- That said our economy international shipping through the postal service is trackable in most countries, and we now offer FREE shipping on orders over $149.
- Because of Covid restrictions or much higher cost we can not offer free shipping to some countries, including: Australia.
Further details regarding customs fees:
- Customs fees & taxes vary from country to country and there is no way for us to predict them or calculate them into our shipping rates.
- Toast will not refund orders that are returned due to refusal to pay these costs, nor reimburse the recipient for any said fees, incurred or paid. Returned shipments may also incur additional costs for the return freight and the customer is liable for these.
- We understand that paying customs fees is a drag, but that does not mean that it's OK for us to mark your shipment as a gift on your customs tag or fabricate a lower value. This is not legal for us to do, so please do not request it.
FedEx & UPS vs Economy International
FedEx or UPS International Express options
- Typically $30 - $50
- Fully trackable, from our door to yours
- Fast delivery times (typically 3 - 5 days)
- You package is escorted through customs (you still pay, but it’s faster and simplified)
- No confusing transfer of responsibility from USPS to your local postal service
Economy International Shipping
- Typically $8.99 - $12.99
- Tracking to many countries. Limited tracking to less common countries. Note: tracking info will not be updated for up to 1 week after it ships, when it is scanned by the sort facility.
- Delivery times are typically 2-4 weeks, but this will depending somewhat on how quickly your customs office processes it.
- Upon entering your country, custody of your package is transferred to your national Postal Service and/or Customs office for final delivery to you. Please contact these agencies first if you suspect your package is delayed, as they will have the most up to date information. It's common for the package to simply need to be claimed by you in such cases.
- For this reason, Toast will not issue a replacement for a presumed lost Economy International shipment, until a full 5 weeks after the ship date.
Lost / stolen packages
Shipping Insurance- guaranteed delivery by Route
We have optional shipping insurance that covers, lost, damaged and stolen packages. This service costs only $0.98 for orders under $100 and 2% for orders above. We highly recommend you purchase this insurance.
Details on tracking and filing a claim with Route, follow links on the tracking email / SMS or by going to claims.route.com
Route Shipping Protection Coverage:
Lost - stuck in transit
Domestic: The issue must be filed between 7 and 30 days from the last shipping update.
International: The issue must be filed between 20 and 30 days from the last shipping update.
- Stolen - marked as delivered
The issue must be filed between 5 and 15 days from when the order was marked delivered.
Stolen orders over $100 USD require a police report.
The issue must be filed with photos of damaged package and item, no later than 15 days from when order was marked delivered.
Otherwise, Toast is not responsible lost or stolen packages. Check with your housemates and neighbors and look around the premises (bushes, back porch, etc.) to see if your carrier tucked your package away somewhere to protect it from weather and/or theft.
If still no luck, contact your local carrier to track down a package or submit a claim; often packages can get misplaced in the local sorting facility. Be sure to double-check the tracking info in the Shipping Confirmation email we sent you. Verify that the tracking status shows “delivered” and that you are contacting the same carrier service that was used (UPS, FedEx, USPS).
You may also find these links helpful:
Note for International Economy Shipments: Once the package leaves the United States, it and becomes the responsibility of your country’s local postal service and Customs Office. Please contact your local postal service to track down a package that you suspect has been delayed beyond the normal 2 week shipping window.